Post-Divorce Matters

Defend Your Rights After Your Divorce

When Is It Proper To File A Contempt Action?

Contempt of court can take on a number of forms. Has your former spouse failed to turn over property that was awarded to you in the divorce? Has he failed to pay alimony or child support that is due? Has he failed to follow the Court’s ruling on visitation?

If a party is in violation of one or more terms of the Court’s Final Decree issued following a divorce or issued following a custodial/support action that involves parties never united by marriage, a contempt action may be brought against the offending party. In order for the Court to make a finding of contempt, it must be shown that the offending party "willfully" violated the Court’s decree.
For more information call today!
Share by: